Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hacienda Heights, California. Temporarily living like Americans during summer breaks

EVERY SUMMER VACATION, I SPENT IT ON MY COUSINS PLACE HACIENDA HEIGHTS
there is nothing much to do there except do some scale plastic models,
and temporary live like Americans for a couple of months

It was really a culture shock for me, ever since 1967, almost yearly, my family spend several months in Los Angeles, yes acting like Americans, there we learned about icee cold drinks, McDonald's hamburger, blue stamps, soup and sandwich for lunch, Heinze Ketchup, how to fry bacon, cereals, microwave , genie garage opener. Ate Deanne, my cousin (she was the one who named me "my nick name" s so patiently and diligently teaching us living in the USA. She and her Husband Kuya Fred Castillo (eugene's dad) really help us understand the American culture.
They have a sub urban house 25km from downtown LA, along Pomona freeway.
nights are so lonely at their place, very silent, compared to my place in Manila area. We could hear sonic boom at nighttime, when US air force test their jets in nearby riverside airbase, smell skunk at night too,

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,