Tuesday, April 29, 2008

cars i have owned

this is my toyota hilux 4x4 i bought it in 2000 to be used in elections, but when i learned about the accesories of hilux by WARN, an after market shop for off road use, i started to put everything on it from original warn set of lights from the roof to the bumper, crash guard, big wheels, monster tires, we brought it onetime to mountain provices and we traveled in nighttime in heavy rains only with this vehicle, but we never used the 4x4, later i let justin drive this to school, and he experimented on 4x4 even on paved road
this is the toyota Celica turbo which i bought hurriedly in makati, i really wanted to have a sports car, a two door coupe, its is perfect for me and my car lover son justin, but inside of celica is not sporty its a sedan inside, i call it a sheep with a wolfs clothing" its acceleration is not as fast as i expected its a 2.2 camry engine , with turbo with turbo log at 2,000 rpm
this is similar to my Ford Cortina ESS "inca Gold" special edition given to me by my father its a limited edition 2.0 liter cortina, with a very eye catching color, and all wood interior and mohair seat. i changed the stock carburator to a twin weber side carb, change some mufflers, exhast manifold, port and polish. resulting in a fast gas guzzler which always ove heats and loose timming, then i rever back to stock, it cost me alot to return to stock sgain
and this car serves as a lesson for me, not to experiments with engines

this is my 230e mercedes benz euro version, originally owned by Shell Philippines as thier company car for thier CEO, it was manual transmission, dirty white with benz blue interior in mb fabric, i just wanted a W123 with 4 headrest and matic, but the freshness of this 230e realy catches me
this is my first BMW, it is a german version, ( no aircon,non 5mph bumber, hella halogen lights, amber turn lights, no cup holders) its a 320 6 in line 2.0 "the most famous engine of BMW"

This is my fastest BMW to date, no pretensions for speed, but it has no aircon, my family does want to use it, so i again bought another BMW 325 a us version


mercedes benz C280
volvo s 70 2.5
3 series BMW

BMW 325 us version
here are some of my cars that i owned
lancer gl 1974 - it got stock in the flooded and it smell so bad until we sold it , he lancerthis is my first car, I was 1st year high school and i have a brand new car, . it is basic, car, with 1300 engine, all stock, the amenity is a low end AM FM radio..
most people in my school cant belive I have this car on my own. ,
it later bacame famous for its victory at southern cross rally and kenya safari rally, then the lancer 1400 popularity shoot up




BMW 325 1990 - a 6 cyl light blue, us ver, so fast so nice, it was restored by Hahn Manila in Panay ave , I bought this from a friend, but the car was one year in storage at the south Harbor, it was shiped from long beach, California.... I have it restored and detailed to the max, the original monocoque paint was restored, I over sized the rims with BMW original Hartge rims 18inches from CATS greenhills, instal a built in car phone and 2 radio, 1 uhf and vhf....... it was immaculate, and so fast, but my former 2002 BMW euro model was faster


opel record _ my best handling, good center of gravity, i enjoyed it when i drive it to Baguio City in 1982, its 2.0 litre engine is one of the largest displacement then, the zig zag of Kennon road was an enjoyment, the only sad part is the aircon is very weak, suited for temperate German climate, I still remember Adam Opel slogan in 1978 " Opel- comparable to any car made in Germany" and I agree to that.

my best is my C class...... i miss this car alot, aside from the anemic engine it is the car i will not forget

S70 volvo- i bought this pre owned at vikings , mint and at the show room,
it was really not my choice, it was arlenes choice, i really wanted a ford expedition which is much cheaper han this nordic blunt volvo
i hate the handling of volvo, but after the odometer reached 3,000 km the engine race alright

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,