Wednesday, April 30, 2008

IVE CROSS THIS BRIDGE ON FOOT


I toured sydney on foot, by sub way and train.
from Chatswood , NSW i could take he city rail to downtown Sydney and work my way there to Manly, airport, Zoo, Bondi beach. for 2 months commuting to Sydney ad farther a field makes me a little confident in Australia
i cross the harbour bridge from north point to central
sydney......

THIS CITY HAS FULL OF MEMORIES FOR ME, I first visited Sydney in 1970's with my parents, we stayed a week in Wentworth Hotel, it was july then , and very cold in sydney, QANTAS tail livery then was V jet not the present oz livery or airline logo

in 2005 i traced my footstep toward wentwoth hotel, i stayed at the lobby, the park in front, besides still exsist the old Qantas office where my dad use to make his upgrade to first class.

until now we have video mm of this trip to a very starnge city for me thenm very few filipinos stayed at australia in the 1960's, My father while in foreign tour usually rent a taxi to tour us in the city, the local place, his best restaurant, stories about laws and customs of the place, I remeber theface of our australian driver who looks like kevin costner. i remember the submariner school, the suicide cliff..... i dont recall city center, only the opera house and harbour bridge exist then ( pronounced haba bridge)

our plane was a boeing 707, at first class the stewardess give s me a hard copy book of rintintin and his travel with his dog????? (who is rin tin tin?)

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,