Wednesday, May 21, 2008

1960's travel to san francisco and hong kong



my first foreign trip was Hong Kong 1965, Ricksaw was the mode of transportation
we stayed at merlin hotel, i still remember the toys i bought then... a F111 fighter bomber and an DC 7 american airlines pro jet battery operated.

my first long distance flight was san francisco in Nov 1967, just after my fathers victory then. we were accompanied by bobby and chedeng galvez in the flight, i was very funny then because our flight has been moved back 3 days just to avoid sharing the 8 seats first class cabin with our just defeated political oponent then.. it was moved from nov 25 , 1967 to nov 30, 1967.
Mr. Bobby Galvez is a political supporter of my father, he helped us alot in the campaign, lend us 2 cars and drivers, and he made reservations at PAL and os pertaining to our flights as well. later i learned that he was lobbying something from my father and was trned down because of some matter qualifications

we stayed at st francis drake hotel across union square

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,