Tuesday, October 7, 2008

my dad and mom in hong kong after electoral defeat in 1971


this is where we stayed during this jan 1-6 , 1971 stay at hk
we thought pablo cuneta will be sworn in at theses days, but due to some protest he was able to take office at around may 71
this is prince building at the back of hong kong hilton, there is a bridgeway conecting the 2 building where in when we are here i can find my self going to the toy shop at prince building, we stayed at hilton for the short stay here doig nohing

after election day we knew we are short of 128 votes .....my father use to have the support of PCCLGG or Pasay City Citizens league for good government headed by Joe Concepcion, in his re election bid for Mayor, the two groups was not able to have an agreement as to how many councilors each group could have in a common ticket. so they split up, my father headed his own nacionalista party and PCCGGG had Francisco Villa as his mayoral candidate,he was apointed by ny father as his choice as chief of police, i recalled that Francisco Villa has alot of extra baggage with him , he was implicated by the govt investigators in the Harry Stonehill scandal, no less than President Marcos himself personally told my father na "humiling na sya ng iba" huwag muna si Villa" or he has to fight it out with Cvil service....... my father did not follow the Presidents directive to change his nominee, and both my father and villa made hard effort to convince sec subido of civil service to appoint villa as lateral appointment from NBI... after some time they were succesful for having villa as COP, not knowing that after 4 years he run against my father who took away 5,000 votes and loosing for 128 votes against cuneta,

what if villa did not run? what if PCCLGG and NP did not split, my father would be ahead of 6000 votes as projected in his study

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,