Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MV Reyn Flipina - Holy week cruise to Hong Kong 1979. This is where I met my future wife

Arlene at the Gang plank of Reyna Filipina, upon their return to south harbour, I take this shot from a distance of 500 meters from the pier,
We left manila for a holy week cruise to Hong Kong, it was suppose to be a 36 hours voyage to cross the South china Sea, but alot of delays made the holiday cruise to a panic stricken ship voyage.

nasiraan kami while crossing China Sea, we lay dead in the water for 3 hours
later, I have experienced the largest waves in my life, me and my family are so scared , when we reached Hong Kong we immediately find a Hotel and buy airline tickets home, bahala na about the refunds, Arlene's family did take the journey home

At this ship, i met Arlene, then a first year medical tech student at FEU, while i am a just graduated from high school at La Salle green hills, we also met Fr dave the ship chaplain who also officiated our wedding years later

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,