Wednesday, September 24, 2008

one of my favorite prayers


It is not easy, Lord to follow after you.
you take the hard road with joyous leaps and bounds.
But I stumble over every stone ad slip into the rut.
You calmly weather each storm and walk calmly thru the night.

But I am buffeted by the winds and I always falter in darkness.
You always have the right answers , Lord, for those who confronts you.

But my tongue is thick and clumsy. I cannot articulate what I feel or what they need to hear.

You have the wisdom and power to meet the needs of men around you. But I am foolish and ineffective, and my friends turn away from me in disgust.

I have really tried to relate to the people about me. To reach out to them in real love and concern.

I have tried to share thier sorrows and thier joys

I have shelved my own ambitions to respond to thier needs.

But when I fail to produce for them what they want or when I am limited my my humanity and incapacitated by my own personal problems, they will have nothing to do with me.

I feel sometimes as I have been used only to be abused.

I am squeezed dry by my friends and they cast me aside as if I was of no further value.

Yet I must continue to follow you lord.

It is a hard path to walk and I am sur I will falter at times.

I desperately needs an occasional oasis of rest along this journey through wind and sand.

I desperately your touch of peace and love as I labor amist the blood and tears of this distorted world of ours.

I am empty, Lord, help me feel your fullness.

grant me the grace and courage to be faithful to you in all daily loving.

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,