Sunday, September 21, 2008

pasay city police 1960s


this is an old photograhp of PCPD in 1960's
thier mobile patrol division was mainly composed of VW beetles with radio call sign PIE one , two , three amd so on, the vehicle of the chief of police (col Paquito Villa) was a VW sedan. I remember the chief of Mobile was major Idre flores, chief of intel was major cabrera, Major Fred Angeles was my fathers head of security, with Capt Ben Villacrusis, Capt Roger Domingo and Sgt Pablo Canlas.

I remember then that every Birthday of my father his security men are promoted one rank each year

Pasay City police then was very differnt , it was controled by the mayor, unlike now the PNP has national in scope.

saturday afternoon my dad and i usually drive around the city, which he calls " make ronds" one time he was irked by police men in marked cars wearing civilian , i clearly recalls what he said till now that the police marked cars is and extention of your uniform.

No comments:

jojie claudo blog

My photo
Pasay City, Philippines
jojie claudio , my blog ay storia ng aking buhay , minsan eto at Diary ko, album and note pads, mula sa aking pagkabata hangang ngayon, sanay magustun nyo basahin ang mga blog entries ko eto,